Just like adults, babies and infants need probiotics for the betterment of their health and immune system. However, there are many parents who might be a little terrified to give their babies a dose of probiotics or any supplements. You might be interested to know that there are many reliable probiotics for infants. If your infant has common digestive problems such as diarrhoea, constipation, colic, gas, diaper rash, the use of probiotics may help alleviates those symptoms. Always consult your doctor before giving your infant or child any supplements.
Further you will read about the 3 best probiotics for infants:
Number 1: Garden of Life Raw Probiotics Kids
The number one on our list is the Garden of Life Raw Probiotics Kids. This amazing probiotic is designed especially to meet the needs of the children because it is:
- Raw, USDA organic certified, vegetarian, contains no dairy and is gluten free.
- best suited for infants of 3 months and older.
- Garden of life raw probiotic delivers over 5 billion of live probiotic cells.
- it contains powerful probiotics, 23 RAW and organic fruits and vegetables, plus Raw inulin, a prebiotic that supports probiotic growth.The reason why this is on top of our list is because it consists of all the good benefits that you might expect from a probiotic for the betterment of your child. Garden of Life Raw Probiotics Kids helps and supports the digestive system and also helps boost the child’s immune system.
Number 2: Amerifit Culturelle Probiotics for Kids
The second probiotic for infant on our list is the Amerifit Culturelle Probiotics for Kids. It is a highly recommended probiotic if the baby is suffering from digestive upset, like constipation, colic or diarrhea.
- It contains 100% naturally sourced Lactobacillus GG
- contains 1.5 billion cells of live probiotics.
- may be given to children who are one year old or more
- dairy free and gluten free formulaIt is especially designed for kids as they are easy to take and are also flavourless. It is advised not to give to children younger than 1 year old and a possible side effect can be flatulence, tho they should disappear after a day. Always consult your doctor while in doubt! While it is dairy and gluten free, it is not organic which is a disappointment in our opinion and the reason why it is making to number 2.
Number 3: Udo’s Choice Infant’s Blend Probiotic
Number three on our list for suitable probiotics for infants are the Udo’s Choice Infant’s Blend Probiotic. It is mainly designed to support healthy weight gain in infants, but also helps with common digestive problems, colic, diaper rash and to build the immune system. Please note that this probiotic is NOT vegan and does contain milk. This probiotics needs to be refrigerated AFTER opening but can be left out for short periods which makes it great for travel. Udo’s Choice Infant’s Blend Probiotic includes 6 strains of beneficial bacteria for infants and toddlers 0 – 5 years old.
- Provides B. Infantis, The Most Important Micro-Organism In The Large Intestine Of Babies & Toddlers
- Udo’s Choice Infant’s Blend Probiotic includes 6 strains of beneficial bacteria
- Facilitates Healthy Weight Gain In Infants
- Infants And Children 0-5 Years Old
- contains dairy and soyFor a wee nursling you can just put it on mama’s nipple before nursing, or on a bottle nipple, or on your finger. For an older children, you can mix it with their food.
So these were the top 3 probiotics for infants, we hope that this will help you choose the right probiotics for your child. If you are looking for vegan probiotics, click here to learn more.
refrigeratedprobiotics.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.